GUBU
An Irish woman's social, political and domestic commentary
Tuesday, August 12, 2003  

Turning financial rape to good use

You know how good citizens like myself got completely screwed by buying shares in Telecom Eireann? We bought the shares. I put them to one side to happily wait out the recession. Then Tony O'Reilly got to buy them for half nothing. Then he reorganised the debt to give himself a big dividend but I just lost a load of money.

And to make it worse every quarter I get this pathetic dividend cheque from Vodafone for about 60c which costs me 40c and a load of hassle to lodge in the bank so I never do so Vodafone make stacks of money from the tens of thousands like me who just throw the cheques in the bin. Anyway, finally you can do something good!

If you sign the back of the cheque, you can post it to GOAL, P.O. Box 19, Dun Laoghaire, Co.Dublin. They collect all the cheques they can and get the money. A good deed I think.

No word on the Soleros yet. I'll have to ring them.

posted by Sarah | 14:40 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment
archives
Previous Popular Posts
Other Blogs
contact