GUBU
An Irish woman's social, political and domestic commentary
Monday, December 15, 2003  

Damn Saddam

Pathetically I have to confess that when news reached me in my king size bed that he'd been captured I thought "damn". I had been enjoying the failure of the yanks to get him. Dreading the triumphalism I avoided the news but hubby braved the boudoir to relate Bremner's opening statement "We got 'em". I rolled over, put the quilt over my head and couldn't face the news still tea-time.
Still......I can at least observe closely how they treat him. Based on America's rather loose interpretations of international law it will be interesting to see what they do with him. Will they redeem themselves or simply confirm their lawlessness? In the meantime, I'd settle for ONE weapon of mass destruction.
How about that fake turkey on thanksgiving?

posted by Sarah | 17:56 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment
archives
Previous Popular Posts
Other Blogs
contact