GUBU
An Irish woman's social, political and domestic commentary
Wednesday, March 03, 2004  

Pedant's Corner

I should acknowledge recent corrections.

From my last e-voting post I've been told that I shouldn't say 'the hoi polloi' since hoi is greek for the. I've always bitterly regretted my lack of a classical education. Still my Irish education didn't do much good either because Paddy tells me that I shouldn't use babog for baby since it means doll; instead I should use leanbh. (for non-irish readers that's pronounced lanev).

Nice to see you're all picking up on the important stuff...

However, I should also note that my recent post on breast feeding was worthwhile since I got some very nice notes, especially from Collette and Scott. Hope you're all well.

posted by Sarah | 23:01 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment
archives
Previous Popular Posts
Other Blogs
contact