GUBU
An Irish woman's social, political and domestic commentary
Wednesday, June 09, 2004  

Business Venture

Great news! A Mrs Femia Bangura got in touch with me today. I think my ship may finally have come in. She says

"I have a substantial capital I honorably intend to invest in your country into a very lucrative venture of which you are to advise and execute the said venture over there for the mutual benefits of both of us. Your able co-operation is to become my business partner in your country and create ideas on how money will be invested, probably managed and the type of investment after the money is transferred to your custody with your assistance."

And as if this wasn't enough, Mike Oro mailed me 5 times with this exciting opportunity!!

"Four months Ago I led a three man Audit panel to balance the books of the Apex Bank
(national Bank of Nigeria) In the course of our duties we discovered that the sum of (us $25,000,000) Million (Twenty five million U.S.Dollars) has been lying in a suspense
account With the Apex Bank (NBN) since 1998 without Beneficiary.
Further investigation reveals that this sum accumulated as a result of over invoiced executed contracts influenced by past Retired Military government personnel?s and was unclaimed due to transformation of new democratic government after careful deliberations, we (my colleagues and I) unanimously agreed to transfer this sum of (us $ 25,000,000) out of Nigeria for investment purposes. Hence we are seeking your assistance and co-operation to achieve this goal.

We have put all modalities in place to apply for the transfer of this fund to you or your company as contract payment having completed a contract we purportedly awarded to you.

...If you are interested, please contact me urgently on the number above so that I will give you directive on who to contact in Nigeria for the procurement of all the legal papers needed and the approvals for the release of this fund with a documents evidence of the contract executed to enable you collect this payment draft here.

The negotiation of your share should be discussed later.
I look forward to your prompt reply."

If its dirty money, sure what's the harm in taking a cut. I don't have to do anything..just give these guys my bank account details..what can go wrong???

What a day!


posted by Sarah | 21:27 1 comments
Comments:
Now seeing this post, I can't resist "blogwhoring" to one of my own links on a variation of such a scam.



http://bestofbothworlds.blogspot.com/2004_06_01_bestofbothworlds_archive.html#108662595541538007
 
Post a Comment
archives
Previous Popular Posts
Other Blogs
contact