An Irish woman's social, political and domestic commentary
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
I know it's easy to dismiss Moore as an over the top crackpot, but the following is undeniable:
- Bush's procession to the White House was practically under attack by an angry public
- The Bin Ladens were flown out of the States on the 13th
- Bush did spend 40% of this first eight months on vacation
- The intelligence was a load of crap
- Iraq had nothing to do with 911 and there are no WMD
- A lot of companies make a lot of money out of war
- The poor do fill the ranks of the US army. The final line of the movie is compelling: (paraphrase) "We are prepared to fight for our country. All we ask is that you don't send us into war unless its absolutely necessary".
- Only one member of congress has a child in the Iraq
- The 'coalition' does consist of obscure Pacific islands
- Bush is a total idiot, which any uncut versions of his public appearances clearly demonstrate. To a frightening degree.
I heard Lila Lipscome being interviewed on Irish radio yesterday. She continues to be an articulate as she was in the film, which says to me that she was not exploited, as some critics have suggested.
Will 911 have any impact on the election. Hopefully.
posted by Sarah | 19:01 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment