GUBU
An Irish woman's social, political and domestic commentary
Thursday, November 11, 2004  

The Theatre Dahling

Made my annual trip the theatre avec Leon. He goes regularly and sees lots of bad plays as a result. I go rarely and therefore get the cream, which I think is how Dublin by Lamplight can be categorised. Whilst I read this review post-event, we would concur with its sentiments. While out and about at "Project" (they have dropped the definite article in the theatre's title) we spotted (or rather I did, Leon is not sharp when it comes to minor celebrities) Alan Stanford and Gavin Friday. Alan (aka George from Glenroe, ubiquitous voiceover and also directs to great acclaim but in a very predictable fashion in my view) wore a big woolly jumper. Gavin looked ridiculous in scraggy hair and dark glasses (Trying to emulate his friend and patron Bono) as well as a long leather coat - very eighties. He and his more cleancut friend repaired, like us to The Stag's Head, where he appeared most irritated that he was served with no aplomb whatsoever whilst I was greeted by the bar staff like a VIP.
The play was written by Michael West, nephew of Trevor West, former TCD Senator and head of DUCAC, where I was briefly employed. Trevor was very sociable and I got very pissed in his company on a number of occasions. Not sure what he's up to now.

posted by Sarah | 15:46 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment
archives
Previous Popular Posts
Other Blogs
contact