GUBU
An Irish woman's social, political and domestic commentary
Monday, October 17, 2005  

Pinter

I will confess - last week I knew practically nothing about Harold Pinter. In fact, I knew less than nothing - I thought he was Scandinavian. But! I am researching and I am going to see his play Betrayal on Friday. Turns out we are on the same wavelength. He has been conducting a massive anti-war campaign. The Guardian published a series of "letters to Bush". Here is Pinter's.

Dear President Bush,
I'm sure you'll be having a nice little tea party with your fellow war criminal, Tony Blair. Please wash the cucumber sandwiches down with a glass of blood, with my compliments.
Harold Pinter
Playwright

I like it.

posted by Sarah | 20:05 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment
archives
Previous Popular Posts
Other Blogs
contact